It matters...That you are informed
That you receive expert care
That you are prepared
Joseph Wilczek Award in Clinical Excellence
The Joseph Wilczek Award in Clinical Excellence is presented annually to the Carol Milgard Breast Center staff member who has demonstrated the highest level of quality patient care and who is committed to continually improving their skills and technical abilities.
The award recognizes outstanding contributions by the individual who displays exceptional clinical and technical mastery that enhances patient care, strengthens efficiencies and improves work flow, has gained the respect of fellow colleagues and is an effective team player. The contribution may take the form of extraordinary dedication to patient care, self-motivation, discipline, positive attitude and accountability and/or other evidence of highly effective clinical service professionalism. We welcome and encourage all nominations.
Submit A Nomination Online
Award InspirationCreated by the breast center’s Board of Directors, this award is named in honor of one of the breast center’s founding CEOs, Joseph Wilczek, whose distinguished career included:CEO of Franciscan Health System
- A fellow in the American College of Health Care Executives
- Visionary leader, who built a strong, regional health system with integrated care
- A personal advocate for collaboration, innovation and clinical excellence
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment to the community, compassionate leadership, and fiscal stewardship
- U.S. Army Veteran, and Special Assistant in the Executive Office of President Nixon’s administration
Purpose of the AwardTo identify the Carol Milgard Breast Center staff member who consistently demonstrates Joseph Wilczek’s passion for clinical excellence and innovation. The award will honor staff who provide exemplary and technically superior patient care and whose dedication exemplifies the vision and mission of the breast center.
The winner will received an engraved plaque and a monetary award.
EligibilityAny staff member (.6 FTE or above) who works at the Carol Milgard Breast Center is eligible to be nominated for this award. Managers and radiologists are not eligible for nomination.
Who May NominateAnyone associated with the breast center can nominate a Carol Milgard Breast Center staff member for this award. This includes breast center staff, radiologists, staff from partner organizations, patients, referring providers (or their staff), community partners, volunteers, donors and business associates.
Deadline for nominationNominations are accepted year-round, with a deadline of December 1.
CriteriaNominees should regularly demonstrate the values of the breast center’s mission to provide sustainable breast health services to all women in our community in a caring environment that fosters confidence, comfort, peace and dignity for each individual.
Specifically, nominees will be judged on these four criteria:
- Displays a mastery of technical/clinical skills that positively influence patient care.
- Creates new approaches in delivering patient care.
- Has earned the confidence and trust of patients, co-workers, radiologists, and referring providers.
- Demonstrates strong communication, partnership and teamwork.