It matters...That you are informed
That you receive expert care
That you are prepared
Safeguarding Against the Coronavirus
Updated: 3/25/2020 10:00am
At Carol Milgard Breast Center, providing safe, high quality care is our #1 priority. In response to the growing concern over the spread of coronavirus, we want to assure you that our facilities will remain open and will be taking extra precautions to safeguard against the spread of this disease. We are working in close coordination with our health system partners, MultiCare Health System and CHI Franciscan Health, to ensure we have a consistent path to care during this time.
We ask that you alert us immediately if you have been screened or are undergoing evaluation for COVID-19 exposure so we can effectively triage your care.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please contact our Scheduling Department at 253.759.2622 to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
Our breast center adheres to the standard and transmission-based precautions for infection control by practicing the following:
- Perform hand hygiene
- Use personal protective equipment such as clothing, goggles or gloves, whenever there is an expectation of possible exposure to infectious material
- Follow respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette principles
- Properly handle and properly clean and disinfect patient care instruments/devices
- Handle textiles and laundry carefully
- Follow safe injection practices
- Ensure healthcare worker safety including proper handling of needles and other sharp objects
- Ensure appropriate patient placement
- Limit transport and movement of patients
- Prioritize cleaning and disinfection of the room and equipment
- Practice social distancing in waiting areas by removing chairs to keep six feet between guests
Things you can do to assist us in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and other transmittable diseases:
- If you are experiencing cough, sneezing or fever symptoms, please call and reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- If you are asked to wear a mask by staff, please wear the mask for the duration of your visit. If you refuse to comply, we will not be able to see you for your exam.
- We are limiting access to patients and one essential visitor (meaning an interpreter or caregiver, if needed). Additional visitors will be asked to wait in the car to minimize the risk of exposure to the virus.
For your safety and those around you, we are taking extra precautions to safeguard against the spread of this disease.
For more information on disease control and prevention, please visit https://www.cdc.gov.
Resources are also available at the following sites: