It matters...That you are informed
That you receive expert care
That you are prepared
Safeguarding Against the Coronavirus
Updated: 7/13/2020 2:00pm
At the Carol Milgard Breast Center the well-being of our patients, staff and providers is our top priority. While restrictions are slowly being lifted on access to imaging exams, we are dedicated to combating the spread of coronavirus and have taken extra precautions and measures so that you can feel safe in our care.
The CDC has provided updated guidelines for COVID-19 sytoms. People with the following symptoms or a combination of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever (100 degrees F or higher) or chills
- New cough not attributable to another medical condition
- New shortness of breath not attributable to another medical condition
- New muscle aches not attributable to another medical condition or specific activity (e.g. physical exercise)
- New throat pain not attributable to another medical condition
- New profound loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting on results for your COVID-19 test, or have one or more of these symptoms above, please schedule your appointment for a later date by calling 253.759.2622.
NOTE: This list of COVID-19 associated symptoms may be amended as our understanding of viral biology evolves.
For your safety and those around you, you are required to wear a mask throughout your visit. If you refuse to comply, we may not be able to see you today for your exam.
What to Expect During Your Visit
- We are limiting access to patients and one guest. Additional visitors will be asked to wait in the car or outside to minimize the risk of exposure to the virus.
- All of our patients and staff will be screened at the door. We will ask you a few questions about your health and use a temporal thermometer to take your temperature. Please wear the mask we provide to you and your guest to wear for the duration of your appointment. If you choose not to wear a mask for the duration of your visit we may ask you to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- You will notice we have arranged our waiting room to comply with social distancing guidelines. Once you have checked in at the front desk, please take a seat and your technologist will come find you when it is time for your appointment. Should you choose to wait in your car, please let our front desk staff know so they can confirm they have the right number to call you when it is time for your exam.
- For your safety and ours, you may notice that we have updated our facilities with clear, plexiglass barriers at our registration desks. These provide one more layer of protection during your visit.
- While you are on site for your appointment, you may see staff taking extra measures to clean and disinfect surfaces such as lobby furniture, desks, and imaging equipment. We take your health very seriously and are doing everything we can to minimize exposure to coronavirus.
- To comply with social distancing and to limit the number of individuals in our building, we ask that you wait in your car or outside until the arrival time you are given at the time of scheduling.
- If you have been evaluated with COVID-19, you must be symptom free when you visit and provide documentation from your provider stating that you are cleared to be seen at our facility.
For more information on disease control and prevention, please visit https://www.cdc.gov.
Resources are also available at the following sites: