The Carol Milgard Breast Center accepts all patients and bills insurances. Your financial responsibility for your exam or procedure will depend on the type of insurance plan you have and the individual contract the breast center has with your insurance company. We urge you to contact your insurance provider before your appointment for more information about your individual coverage.
Payment Terms & Insurance
Carol Milgard Breast Center accepts most major health insurance plans. As a courtesy to our patients, we bill the insurance carrier directly for covered services. If your insurance card is not presented at the time of service, you will receive the bill directly to your mailing address.
Co-pays, deposits, and other co-insurance amounts are due at the time the services are provided. Depending on the insurance coverage, you may be responsible for paying the entire charge and any charges for services not covered by the insurance carrier. Since all the requirements for insurance carriers’ vary, it is the patient’s’ responsibility to know their insurance coverage and follow their procedures.
Based on your insurance coverage and the medical services provided, an authorization or referral from the insurance carrier may be required. Please check with our financial counselors or your insurance carrier to find out if a referral or authorization is needed for your procedure or exam.
We accept cash, check, Visa and Master Card as payment. Monthly statements will include all self-pay balances for services received at Carol Milgard Breast Center. Self-pay balances are expected to be paid in full within 30 days of the receipt of the monthly statement. Payment arrangements may be made within the guidelines set by Carol Milgard Breast Center. For easy payment accessibility, we also offer an online payment service.
Questions to Ask Your Insurer
- Is this exam covered by my insurance?
- If you have a deductible: Have I met my deductible already or will I be responsible for some or all of the cost for this exam?
- If you have co-insurance: What percentage of the exam fee will I be responsible for?
If Your Exam is Not Covered by Your Insurance
If your exam is not covered by your insurance, our Financial Counselors can help answer these questions:
- What does the exam cost if I am responsible for 100%?
- Are all fees, including the professional fees, technical fees and any facility charge included in this price?
- Am I eligible for any discounts?
- What if I pre-pay the entire amount or a portion of the amount of the exam?
- Am I eligible for community or financial assistance?
- Will I receive one or several bills for my exam?
Contracted Insurance Providers
Below are additional telephone numbers you may find helpful for other financial questions.
Exam Cost Estimates & Financial Questions Before Your Exam: Call toll-free 1-855-824-2622, option 1, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Questions Regarding Your Bill: Call toll-free 1-866-231-9215 Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.